Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Doctor Appointment

Height: 5'7.75" .... Seriously? I thought I was 5'8" or 5'9"!! Now I've shrunk (and this was with shoes on) and raised my BMI all in the same day. LOL

Weight: 268.5 They weighed me wearing shoes, fully clothes AND with jeans. So I'm logging the weight separately.

I seem to be in good order, other than my weight. My doctor gave me a few questions to think about and report back in a month, mainly due to why I think I have depression and what are my triggers that make me depressed.

I have also been diagnosed with Trochanteric bursitis, which is basically:

"Hip bursitis is a common problem that causes pain over the outside of the upper thigh. A bursa is a fluid filled sac that allows smooth motion between two uneven surfaces. For example, in the hip, a bursa rests between the bony prominence over the outside of the hip (the greater trochanter) and the firm tendon that passed over this bone. When the bursal sac becomes inflamed, each time the tendon has to move over the bone, pain results. Because patients with hip bursitis move this tendon with each step, hip bursitis symptoms can be quite painful."

OWCH. So when that flares up, I'm to overdose myself with 800mg of Ibuprofen and do some silly-looking exercises, but I am happy to know I'm not making something up and there's really something wrong. As soon as I touched my hip and told him where it hurt he automatically knew what it was, so yay! for Mere not being crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment